In order to ensure your safety and comfort, I adhere to a strict ethical code. Some of my basic principles are as follows:
- I will not divulge the fact of a coaching relationship.
- I will not divulge information shared during coaching sessions.
- I will not use a Coachee’s personal information to my own benefit.
- I will maintain professional standards throughout the course of the coaching relationship.
- I will be honest, compassionate, objective and non-judgmental.
- I will advise you when I feel the coaching relationship is not working, or that further support may be necessary.
- I will adhere to the ICF Code of Ethics. (click here to view)
Exceptions to these principles are:
- If the Coachee gives express permission to discuss information with a third party.
- If there is a perceived immanent threat to the Coachee or to others.